Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Buy me some peanuts and let me hang out with Jack

It was a great weekend for the Mariners faithful at FanFest this past Saturday and Sunday, especially for one pint-sized supporter. Max made his second annual trip to the ballpark and got a little extra attention from our General Manager Jack Zduriencik.
Jack scooped Max up when he saw him in the dugout and bounced him on his knee. When Max started to get a little fussy, Jack asked what was wrong. I responded that he wanted to run on the grass, but I wasn't about to be that guy that lets my kid run on the grass when we ask all the other fans to stay off. Our GM asked if he could take him on the grass and what was I to say? He's the boss, right?

Max took off for home plate showcasing at least one of the five baseball tools, running, to one of the top talent evaluators in the game. Who knows, maybe Jack will remember Max when he's eligble for the MLB Draft in 16 years.


The fun continued when Max got his picture taken with the 2010 AL Cy Young winner. Doesn't he look excited?
All in all, it was a good day for three generations of Mariners fans.



Hey Jack, check him out, he's a lefty!

No comments: