Sunday, February 20, 2011

Two years ago today


Two years ago I checked in with Elisa at the end of my work day. It was Friday at 6pm and I wanted to know if she wanted dinner. "I was just about to call you," she said in a matter of fact tone, "My water just broke."

My mind did something like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but I was determined to remain calm for her sake. I think I said, "OK, I'll be home soon and we can worry about dinner later."

My calm exterior lasted until we got to the hospital, where I completely forgot where I was supposed to park and tried to drop Elisa off at the emergency entrance.

A little over 18 hours a great deal of pushing later, Max was born and our lives were forever changed for the better.

On the eve of his birthday, I just wanted to once again thank all of our friends and family for your support and especially thank Elisa, who is simply an amazing mother.

No comments: