Friday, February 6, 2009

Week 36: Crenshaw Melon


Week 36. Now less than 4 weeks to go. I think Elisa hopes much less.

The grape is now considered fully viable and weighs in at an estimated 6-pounds, which is about the size of a crenshaw melon. I gotta be honest, I again had never heard of this fruit, but Elisa filled me in. So, I'm not only learning how to become a good dad, but I'm also learning how to run a produce stand.

Mama E has officially entered the "I'm ready for this to be over with" stage. Back problems, difficulty sleeping, itchy skin and a dash of carpal tunnel syndrome thrown in for good measure have taken their toll on poor Elisa over the past weeks. She has been such a trooper and I'm so thankful for her strength over these past eight months.

The countdown continues...

No comments: